Solar GPS/Argos Avian Transmitters (TGAVS)
L x W x H (in, cm)
||1.6 x 0.7 x 0.35
4.1 x 1.7 x 0.9
||2.2 x 1.0 x 0.6
5.6 x 2.5 x 1.5
Dimensions are exclusive of antenna or additional attachment options. Weights include a lightweight antenna, but other antenna options and attachment options may add weight.
- TGAVS models collect GPS positions and transfer data through the Argos satellite system. This satellite-based system provides global coverage and particularly good performance in the polar regions.
- Solar powered transmitters provide a longer operational life than units powered by lithium primary batteries.
- In addition to the GPS and Argos features of these units, they also have an optional VHF transmitter. The VHF transmitters can be used to locate or monitor the eartags from the ground or aircraft.
- On-board satellite overpass predictions allow efficient data transfer, with units able to be programmed to transmit only to specific satellites and only when the satellites are predicted to be in view.
- Mortality, activity, temperature, and low-voltage sensors are available. Data can be collected according to user-defined parameters and schedules and transmitted through Argos.
- A real-time clock/calendar controls all timing functions.
- Units can be programmed using Telonics Product Programmer (TPP). TPP makes it possible for users to program their own systems and simulate performance of the system prior to deployment.
- On-board sensors can be activated or deactivated. Data collection regimes and schedules can be altered. Sensor data can be added or deleted from Argos transmissions.
- Argos ID codes, transmission frequencies, transmission power levels, and transmission schedules can all be modified.
- Data retrieved through Argos are processed using the Telonics Data Converter (TDC). TDC provides complete data decoding of Argos DS files, including location and sensor data, and provides for plotting of locations in Google Earth.
Related Links to Information on Other Websites
Lithium Battery Shipping Regulations
Telonics Inc. ships all systems containing lithium batteries in accordance with the US Department of Transportation rules for hazardous materials set forth in 49CFR and the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations.
Shipping dangerous goods can be complicated and confusing, consult a dangerous goods specialist if needed. The general requirements for shipping lithium batteries according to 49CFR are located in Part 173, Subpart 173.185 in the link below.
Since 1970, Telonics has built a reputation based on product quality, product support, service, and customer satisfaction. Telonics strives to produce the highest quality products, and to support those products accordingly.
Because of extreme conditions and the unpredictable nature associated with most telemetry applications, problems occasionally arise. Most problems can be resolved quickly. In all cases, we hope to be able to work in partnership with users to resolve problems to the user's satisfaction and to uphold our demonstrated commitment to excellence. If problems should arise, all products must be returned to our factory for failure analysis.
Warranty: GEN 4 GPS Systems - Show
Telonics warrants its GPS products to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of one year from the date acquired. Telonics does not warrant batteries.
Telonics designs and manufactures systems for a variety of applications using several satellite systems (GPS, Argos, Iridium, and Globalstar). At the time of manufacturing, Telonics equipment is tested to verify compatibility with the applicable satellite system(s). Telonics does not warranty equipment against changes in satellite system specifications or satellite operation after the date your equipment was manufactured. Unforeseeable or unplanned system changes would include, but are not limited to, elevated ambient noise levels in the radio frequency bands used for satellite communications, elimination of service in a region of the world, data outages due to technical problems within the satellite system network, or reductions in data transfer capability due to alterations in the constellation as a result of premature space vehicle failures or failure to replace space vehicles in a timely manner.
If a defect occurs, return the equipment to us within the proper time frame at the following address: TELONICS, 932 E. IMPALA AVENUE, MESA AZ USA 85204-6699. The customer shall arrange for and pay all shipping, insurance and related charges incurred in the shipment to and from Telonics under this warranty. Damage to any equipment resulting from misuse, accidents, unauthorized service, extreme conditions, or other causes, is excluded from this warranty. Telonics does not assume responsibility for loss or damage to equipment during shipment. Telonics does not assume responsibility for delays resulting from shipment on commercial or private carriers. We insure all equipment shipped from our facility and suggest that shipments to Telonics also be insured.
Upon the timely return to our facility, if defective, the product will be replaced or repaired at our discretion at no cost to the customer. This remedy is the exclusive remedy. This product is supplied without any further warranties or conditions, expressed or implied, including warranties of merchantability, quality or fitness for particular reason or those arising by laws, statutes or trade usage or course of dealing.
The entire risk, as to the results and performance of the product, is assumed by the customer. Neither Telonics, nor its suppliers, shall have any liability to the customer or any other person or entity for any indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damage whatsoever, regardless whether Telonics has been told of the possibility of such damages or that such damages might be foreseeable. Telonics has no responsibility or liability for the claims of any third party. The maximum aggregate to the customer, of Telonics and its suppliers, shall not exceed the amount paid by the customer for the product.